Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 14, 2005

Life goes on...and I still have a license!

Yeah, I goofed today. I had a giant lapse in paying attention and screwed up. All is good though...no worries. Turns out Orange Juice is not a clear liquid and a person can't be sedated with that on your stomach. I got to tell the attending physician and the mom (who's already a little nervous and overprotective) that I messed up. It feels crappy to have to admit something like that. I sucked it up though...although most of the time I felt like bursting into tears. I hate messing up. I know that no one is perfect, but I'd like to be a perfect nurse. This is not a reality...and I figured that out today! :)

Tomorrow we are having a potluck at work. We do a birthday lunch every month and tomorrow is it! We're having hamburgers. I have to take my George Foreman grill...which really needs to be cleaned. I started to clean it a couple of days ago, but I haven't finished the cleaning. This is not inspiring me to get up and clean it.

Liberty and Sadie are having a fight to the death. They are running around my bed, fighting over a stuffed rabbit and squirrel. They are retarded. Sadie took both her paws and threw herself against Liberty to incite her to riot. She's good at that. Now she's choking up fur balls from the rabbit. She nasty.

Maybe I should go clean the grill....maybe not. I have three days off in a row this week! Hooray! :) I'm going to get my oil changed, and run errands...and perhaps hang around here with all the laundry and puppies. Who knows..I haven't thought about it yet.

Well, I'd better go. I have to start getting ready to go to bed. I hate that...but oh well...I just have to get through tomorrow! :) Ta DA!

3 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

well at least you admitted it and didn't hide it.
If you have three days of nothingness you should come stay with us (and see some healthy children) :) you're always welcome!!!

Anonymous said...

I still think you are a bitchin nurse...but what do I know I am only your sister

Mz.Elle said...

Awww,it's ok.You're a person first right?You realized your mistake and took steps to take care of it.
I think that alone makes you a great nurse!
My grandma was an RN.I heart nurses:)
Hope your potluck is yummy!