Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello from the 8th floor of Children's Medical Center. Yes, that's right...I'm slaving away on Thanksgiving. I thought when I got here, that it would be quiet and calm today. Good heavens was I wrong! A child that I had yesterday that was giving me fits then, decided to give me fits today. Apparently, she thought that it was okay to have heart rates in the low 60's when you are 4 months old. Let's just say I didn't agree with her. RSV is REALLY nasty this year, so make sure you protect your children. This year's strain is making kids heart rates drop...as well as let them not breathe well. Poor things. She's not the first kid at CMC to have all those symptoms...and low heart rates don't normally go with RSV. That virus is getting nastier by the year...which it should. They can't kill it...it just loves to mutate. I ended up sending her to the unit before I had to call a code on her. That was not a fun time! It was especially bad because since she has a contagious illness, I had to be in major isolation precautions including gown, gloves, and masks the entire time I was in there. I was in her room for 2 1/2 hours straight. That stuff is HOT! Thankfully, the wonderful girls I work with made sure my other kids were okay. Hooray! I finally just now ate lunch (hooray for cocktail weenies and 7 layer dip!) and now I'm planning to get on a caffeine high.

After I get off work, I'm going to go pick up the ween and fly over to Grandma's house in Fort Worth. Michael, Jen, and I are going shopping tomorrow morning, so I'm sure that will be a load of fun. I don't really want to get up early on my day off, but it's just what I have to do. Poor Gracie is all alone at home right now. I'm sure she's found something to destroy in her boredom. Her sister's not there....she has nothing to beat up. Oh well, I don't blame her...I go nuts when I'm home alone too.

Right now, I'm trying to stay awake. I'm hoping that I can find something to do for the next couple of hours. Maybe I'll start working on crap for my evaluation . That would be the smart thing to do. I'm sure I'll just sit here and fiddle around on the computer, learning how Nick and Jessica have finally called it quits. My life is sad.

Anyways...I'd better get some more caffeine before I go crazy. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

No comments: